Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Anti-Oxidant Pumpkin Facial Recipe

When I was a young girl, I had an old book of natural recipes for beauty treatments....anything from cucumbers on the eyes to egg yolk shampoos was covered. And many, many recipes for skin care. I cannot locate the book anymore, but I do remember the fun of experimenting - and pumpkin facials have become quite popular (see here and here and here and here!). This is a simple recipe, rich with anti-oxidants and very nourishing to the skin.

Anti-Oxidant Pumpkin Facial Recipe

1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
2 tsp honey
2 tsp plain yoghurt
dash olive oil

Method

Mix the ingredients well. Apply to clean face (avoid eyes). Allow to set 15-20 minutes. Rinse, using a wet washcloth to help remove the pumpkin and gently exfoliate.

NOTE: I have seen several Pumpkin Facial Recipes online that include ground almonds. For my skin, that would be far too harsh - but feel free to stir in a tsp to your facial if you like scrubs.

I hope you enjoyed today's post! Click on the button to see all the posts in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment